Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see an answer to your question? E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (973) 672-0500! Our office is open weekdays from 8am – 4pm EST.
Do you have an order minimum?
We have a $25 merchandise order minimum.
What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept all major credit cards, Paypal, paper checks, and USPS money orders. Checks and money orders must be made out to CBC Metal Supply/ParaWire and must include either your invoice or order number.
What happens if something is out of stock?
If we are low on a particular item (especially the bulk quantities of wire), we may send you multiple smaller spools to make up the footage you ordered. If we are completely out of stock on an item you ordered, we will e-mail or call you to let you know, and to discuss whether you’d like to proceed with a comparable item or wait until the item is back in stock.
I am tax exempt. What should I do?
If you are a tax-exempt business or individual, you will need to provide us with a completed and signed resale certificate. (We can provide a blank document if needed.)
Where can I find coupons?
We send out monthly coupons to our newsletter subscribers. If you’re not yet subscribed, scroll to the bottom of this page for the sign-up form!
Do you have a showroom?
No, we do not have a showroom or storefront. We do accept walk-ins by appointment. Our office/factory is located in East Orange, New Jersey.
I’m looking for a particular item that I don’t see on your website. Help!
If you’re looking for something that we don’t normally make, let us know! We may be able to produce it for you (minimums may apply).
Do you sell wholesale?
Yes, we do! Whether you’re a brick-and-mortar bead store, an online supply shop, a jewelry designer with an online business, or a jewelry/wire teacher, we have a program that’ll work for you. Minimums may apply.
How do I open a wholesale account?
Send us an e-mail or give us a call at (973) 672-0500 to find out about our wholesale options and associated minimums and requirements.
Do you sell in bulk?
We sell everything in bulk! Price breaks will be determined by how much you order, but they typically start at 10 pounds of an item. To get bulk pricing, send us an e-mail or give us a call at (973) 672-0500.
Do you sell industrial wire and metals?
We produce and sell many products for industrial use, including wire/sheets/rods/bars in bare copper, brass, stainless steel, galvanized and dark annealed steel, German silver, aluminum, and more! These items typically carry minimum order requirements, so call us if you are looking for something in particular.
I’ve just placed an order. When will it ship?
Typical production time (before shipping) is 2-3 business days for most orders. Large orders may take 3-5 days or longer, but we always try to ship every order as quickly as possible. The weeks surrounding holidays and trade shows are especially busy for us, so production may take longer. (Scroll to the bottom of this page for a list of our yearly trade shows.) Please keep in mind that we run every order individually. If you’re in a rush for your order, please call us!
What shipping methods do you use?
Most orders ship via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. Very large orders and over-sized items may ship with UPS.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes–we ship all over the world! Because of their reliability and relatively short transit time, we typically use USPS Priority Mail International or FedEx to ship packages out of the USA. Other arrangements can be made if you contact us.
How much will shipping & handling cost?
The shipping cost will most often depend on the order’s weight and destination (please keep in mind that wire is heavy!):
- Domestic: Most small orders will ship for around $8.50, and larger orders will ship for between $12.95 and $15.95.
- Canadian: Orders 4 pounds (weight) and under will ship for around $25.00, and larger orders will ship for between $45.00 and $60.00. You will be responsible for any duties/taxes.
- International: Orders 4 pounds (weight) and under will ship for around $35.00, and larger orders will ship for between $65.00 and $85.00. You will be responsible for any duties/taxes.
Can my order be expedited?
Yes! Please call us to arrange expedited shipping. Please note that we do not fill orders or ship any packages on weekends/major holidays.
Will you let me know when my order ships?
As long as you provide an e-mail address when you place your order, we will send you a tracking notification via e-mail when your order ships.
How long will it take to arrive at my doorstep?
- Domestic: Once we ship your order, Priority Mail/FedEx should get it to you in 1-3 business days (according to the carrier), depending on your location. UPS can take up to one week, depending on your location. All packages will be shipping from East Orange, NJ.
- Canadian/International: Once we ship your order, Priority Mail/FedEx should get it to customs in 1-2 weeks (according to the carrier).
I gave you the wrong shipping address. What now?
Call or e-mail us as soon as possible. If the order has not yet shipped, we can adjust the shipping address easily. If the order has already shipped, we can either reroute it (a rerouting fee will apply) or reship the order at your expense.
Can I return an item if I don’t like it or if I ordered the wrong color/gauge?
Yes, as long as it’s returned within 30 days of purchase. Mail the item back to us for either a merchandise credit (refund or store credit) or an alternative item—shipping fees will be your responsibility. Please contact us before returning any items.
You sent me the incorrect item. What do I do now?
E-mail or call us as soon as possible. We will make it right!
The item I received was damaged. Can I exchange it?
E-mail or call us within 30 days of purchase to discuss options. We may ask you to send photos of the damaged item(s). In some cases, we may need to file a claim with the shipping carrier.
I received a shipping notification, but my order has not arrived. What happens next?
E-mail or call us to discuss options. In some cases, we may need to file a claim with the shipping carrier. We will do our best to make it right.
ENAMELED COPPER CRAFT WIRE
What is difference between METALLIC and SILVER PLATED colors?
Our colored copper craft wire is divided into two categories: Metallic and Silver Plated.
- Metallic: The base wire is 99% pure copper, over which a tinted, flexible, baked-on coating is applied to both give the wire its color and to keep it from tarnishing. Our “Natural” color is copper with a clear coating.
- Silver Plated: These wires have the same pure copper base, which is then plated with a layer of fine silver. Over top of the silver, a tinted, flexible, baked-on coating is applied to both give the wire its color (the coating is clear in the case of the silver color) and to keep it from tarnishing.
How durable is the wire’s coating?
ParaWire has the most durable coating on the market and will withstand plenty of general wear and manipulation. Please keep in mind that extended periods of direct sunlight and/or water/humidity exposure may weaken the coating and/or cause it to become faded/discolored. Be gentle and kind to your wire and it will stay beautiful for many years to come!
Is your colored wire lead- and nickel-free?
Yes and yes!
What temper is ParaWire?
All our wire is soft temper. The only exception is our half-hard 10+ silver filled wire, which is labeled as such.
PARAWIRE VIP DISCOUNT PROGRAM
What is your VIP Discount Program all about?
Our new VIP program rewards you for shopping with us! Earn a VIP status and save up to 15% on every order. (Your VIP discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon/discount) There are three VIP statuses:
- Bronze: $200 – 5% discount
- Silver: $350 – 10% discount
- Gold: $500 – 15% discount
Achieve your status by spending a certain amount within a defined period of time; your discount can then be used through the 5th month after the start of the calculation period (see below).
- Achieve a status from December 1 – February 28, and your discount can be used through May 31.
- Achieve a status from March 1 – May 31, and your discount can be used through August 31.
- Achieve a status from June 1 – August 31, and your discount can be used through November 30.
- Achieve a status from September 1 – November 30, and your discount can be used through February 28.
The discount level is recalculated every quarter.
If I call an order in, will that order amount count toward my VIP total?
Currently, only orders placed online through our website are counted toward your VIP order accumulation.
TRADE SHOWS/BEAD SHOWS
At what shows do you exhibit during the year?
To Bead True Blue, January/February
Bead&Button Show, June